Sunday, August 06, 2006

P for Paragliding!

About a month ago, a friend of mine and I were talking casually about going paragliding while BBQing some chicken, oblivious to the fact that we would actually be doing it ourselves in a short time. That day was today. We hiked up the Grouse Mountain just in time for our long-awaited adventure. The weather was nice, not very windy, sunny with just a little breeze. Apparently, it is good to have wind, but just the right amount (we were told)! The pilots were there waiting for us and we were tied up shortly ready to run down the hill.

So we ran and the next thing I know, I am dangling in the middle of the air with this pilot guy, whom I met a few minutes ago! The ride was awesome, the scenary was breath-taking, and the joy was endless. My favorite part was when we started to do some aerial maneuvers, when you feel the rush and all the blood running to your legs from the G-force...

It was a hell of an experience. A good friend and I have plans to go parashooting next year, and I am already very excited about it. I think I have a thing for flying...

No comments: